Sunday, September 5, 2010
P1: Ana Linares
I want my logotype to reflect my last couple of years as an art student. More specifically, I think it would be interesting to employ some of the visual elements and conceptual trends of my most recent work. Lately I've been exploring the idea of personal heritage and cross-generational relationships and how they have affected my personal development as well as my capabilities as an individual. As a part of my investigation, I aim to create visual definitions of myself by using imagery and text from an environment that came before miine. A logotype should be a reflection of the self and since my art is very self-referential, I believe it will make for great inspiration for my personal logotype. In regards to palette and aesthetic, I will be experimenting with muted tones and sepia tones and using the styles and font of archival documentation as inspiration for the letterforms. I also want to experiment with the idea of text within text and the aesthetic of colorized photography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Ana. I want you guys to think about the concept before even considering the final visuals. I think you still have to develop a little more your concept. In class everybody started creating a mind map with all kinds of characteristics about themselves. All sorts of adjectives and nouns where used, and then, the most representative were selected. I see you are already giving a special importance to things like history, heritage, and tradition. What else can we know about you? How would you describe yourself instead of your work? Think about it, and at the end, you'll have a nice set of keywords that will represent Anna. Then, color palettes and fonts will be selected.
ReplyDeleteSounds good! I actually started working on a word list, but now I'm going to spend more time on it and see what exactly it is I want to say. Thanks for the feedback :)
ReplyDelete