Sunday, September 5, 2010
P1 Concept (Julia Simeone)
The concept for my logotype is based on how outgoing and bold I am as a person. I wasn't always bold and outgoing as I am now, but it developed through time spent in school, with friends, and family. It is now part of who I am. Being outgoing means standing out, being bright or unique. I would like to show this by using bold color and an a unique typeface that isn't often used. I was hoping to use a visual aid in this portrayal such as a rubiks cube with my name and a phrase I enjoy or another puzzle like device to show I am complex and strategic about life. To be bold is to go wherever you want with courage and strength. I believe that my confidence is what gets me through situations in life. This would be shown through contrast of color and brightness of my display. I wish to convey to the viewer of my works that I am lively, not afraid to take risks, and experiment with creativity in everything I do. This is what I'm hoping to portray in my logotype.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice, Julia. I think your overall concept could have these keywords as the general anchor: outgoing, bold, social world, uniqueness, strength. As you say, these things could definitely be reflected on the right use of typefaces and colors. Start thinking on interesting placement of elements, in the possible use of intricacy as a way to create newer forms and arrangements of letters or words. Don't get hooked with the idea of the rubik cube, experiment many many options before deciding on one. I want you to explore all the visual that we can before been completely sure on one.
ReplyDelete