Sunday, September 5, 2010

P1 Concept (Alina Shafii)

Down to the simplest terms what I enjoy most is creating objects. I have a very particular fascination with handmade objects, clay specifically - from sculptural to functional objects. My love for the handmade stems from my desire to create things that will make people laugh and see something beyond a first glance. For my logotype, I want to capture attributes I see in myself - cleverness, humor, and whimsy. I hope to intentionally make design choices that influence how the viewer evaluates my logotype. I want the viewer to not only see my strongest traits, but to also notice something different, interesting, and clever that will hopefully make them laugh. I want my logotype to be memorable and completely unique to my own love of always wanting to learn/discover/ notice something interesting in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Very clear and concise! I encountered these words to be your key concepts: create, handmade, happiness. I think you should explore both the idea of handmade writing and elegant and happy typefaces too. I think you could think on a combination of both, or make an amazing use of a handmade logo. Also think about possible color palettes that can reflect that uniqueness and humor you also want to communicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, thanks a lot for the feedback Gaby!

    ReplyDelete