Sunday, September 5, 2010
P1 Concept (Derrick Ligon)
When thinking about the concept of this project I wanted to stray away from the more specific tools used for identifying oneself, like names, characteristics and things that are used as tags. Instead I wanted to focus on the products of those tags and the fruits that stem from those branches. Those are where the specifics of who you really are generate from. Yes a name says who you are, and a characteristic like outgoing says what you are like, but the byproducts of them are what really show who you are. So the words that I wrote down were things like places, activities, or things that I relate who I am to, and from there wrote down words that relate to that. Therefore I am not just identifying who I am surface level, but rather the details that are ingrained into who I am and where I go to find my identity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks, Derrick! I have a question, what are those places, activities, and things that relate to who you are? What are those words? I would like to see more specific info about it, to start thinking on possible visual solutions and suggestions. Can you expand a little more on that?
ReplyDelete