Sunday, September 5, 2010

P1 Concept (Lauren Castro)

For my logo type I am trying to explore not only characteristics about myself but also things that I am fascinated with and what makes me like them. For example, I am really intrigued by trees. Something about the natural beauty of them has always kept me awe-struck. But they can also represent many other things as well- life, death, decay, growth, strength, time, lineage, etc. Another thing that fascinates me is the human heart. It strikes a personal note with me because I myself have a heart condition that affects me. I am interested in learning about all aspects of the heart and how it is supposed to be such a strong and vital organ, yet it can be so flawed and vulnerable. The preciousness and fragility of it is amazing to me. So I am examining the reasons why I have affinity for these things and how their attributes affect me, hoping to turn them around and use them in more literal sense in my logo type.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, Lauren! Now, remember in class when we were going from the concrete to the abstract? I would recommend that you use those abstract concepts of life, decay, growth, vulnerability, etc as the anchor of your overall concept. Many things can also be represented as color palettes, so consider color as a key resource, too. Start considering possible ways to visually represent those words.

    ReplyDelete